A pair of French Rococo style gilt bronze candelabra ardorned with foliage. Each stamped 'Millet'. 19th century. H. 50 cm. (2)
Established by Blaise Millet in 1853, the Maison Millet operated until 1902 from premises at 11, rue Jacques-Coeur, Paris, before relocating to 23, boulevard Beaumarchais. Maison Millet was expanded under the direction of Blaise's son Théodore. Specializing in furniture and bronzes of ancient art and modern genre. The firm won several awards in the series of exhibitions in London and Paris, such as a Gold Medal in the 1889 Paris Exposition Universelle. Maison Millet was an active client of Francois Linke.