A gentleman's wristwatch of 18k gold, ref. 7229. Mechanical movement with manual winding, cal. 135. White dial with gold hour markers and hands. Brown strap with C-type buckle of gold plated metal. Watch diameter 34 mm. 1960s.
Total weight 31 g.
Case back engraved ''E. Demander 1966.''
Founded in 1881 by the Ditesheim family in La Chaux-De-Fonds, Switzerland, Movado primarily manufactured watch parts. The Movado brand was officially registered as a company name in 1903, meaning ‘’always in motion’’ in the internationally constructed Esperanto language. Movado watches can be found in several art and design museums, due to the cooperation with designer Nathan George Horwitt. One of his minimalistic prototype designs was exhibited at MoMa in New York 1959, creating the legendary watch known as the Movado Museum Watch by collectors today. During the 1970s and 1980s, Movado was bought by different American companies, essentially making it an American watch brand with Swiss origins.