Two Cypriot fragmented limestone figures of worshippers, with plank-like bodies, one with right arm wrapped in his cloak and the left arm by his side. And a fragment of clasped hands. All mounted on wooden stands. Archaic Period, 6th-5th century BC. H. 14–26 cm. Hands L. 11 cm. (3)
Provenance: According to information from the collection of professor Dr Med Albert Fischer, 1891–1956. Founder and director of the Carlsberg Foundation biological institute, Copenhagen, 1932–1956. Albert Fischer acquired antiquities during his travels in the 1930s-1950s. The collection thence passed down in the family and more pieces were collected in the 1960s.