A gentleman's wristwatch of steel, ref. 1513. Mechanical movement with manual winding, cal. 423. White dial with black hour markers and steel hands. Black Baume & Mercier strap with Baume & Mercier C-type buckle of steel. Watch diameter 33 mm. 1960s.
Accompanied by Baume & Mercier box.
Baume & Mercier was founded in 1834 as ‘’Frères Baume’’ by brothers Louis-Victor and Célestin Baume in Les Bois, Switzerland. The company moved to Geneva in the early 20th century, changing their name to Baume & Mercier in 1918 due to the collaboration of the later William Baume and a French-Russo businessman known as Mercier. Baume & Mercier have long been known for producing affordable, luxurious watches, and merged with Piaget in 1965.