A Russian Imperial icon depicting Sct. Nicholas. Tempera on wooden panel with double “kovcheg”. 18th century. 29.5×25 cm.
Provenance: Grand Duchess Olga Alexandrovna of Russia (1882–1960). The icon was bought in Denmark from the Grand Duchess by the present owner's grandfather, Emil Fjelstrup, just before the Grand Duchess' departure for Canada in 1948. In the possession of the family until now.